Although we have all heard what can be done to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we thought it would be prudent to post the most important and relevant information on our village website.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. However, the following steps will go a long way in preventing the spread of the disease:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects such as your cell phone and other regularly used surfaces with household cleaning sprays or wipes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- If you have the following symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19 contact your healthcare provider immediately
For updated information log on to the Center for Disease Control website at www.CDC.gov
We all wish you and your family good health.
Mayor John Durkin, Deputy Mayor Marshall Bernstein, Trustees Marta Genovese, Craig Westergard, Sarah Oral