Board of Zoning Appeals meet the first Monday of the month at 8:00 p.m.
- All questions must be answered and blank spaces filled in – use form provided.
- The owner/applicant must sign the application in the spaces provided.
- A survey of the property indicating all structures must be included with the application.
- Radius map showing all adjoining properties within 300’ of the subject property. Include on it or have attached a list of names, addresses, lot and block of all listed above.
- 10 copies of preliminary drawings of the proposed construction must be included with the application.
- Non-refundable fees are payable upon filing: $250 for one and two families, $400 plus $100 per unit for multiple residences, $600 for first 5,000 square feet of floor area plus $4 per 100 sq. feet thereafter for business and commercial.
- Extension of Variance: $50 one and two families, $100 for all others.
Rules for filing of a notice of a public hearing:
- The Applicant shall notify all adjoining property owners within a 300’ radius, as indicated on the Nassau County Land and tax map.
- Notices shall be sent not more than 15 days prior to the date of the public hearing. Said notices shall be sent by certified mail, with return receipt requested, from a Post Office located within Nassau County.
- The Applicant shall file with the Secretary to the Board; proof that said notice has been sent to the adjoining properties within a 300’ radius, no later than 15 days prior to the public hearing. Said proof shall consist of: a sample copy of the notice sent and all post office receipts.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Hearing dates depend on caseloads and are not guaranteed.